Q: 01 dodge neon has no power to go, sputtering and wants to die

So, car was stolen, converter cut out. Had a new converter installed, drove it around for a little, had it smogged. Did not pass. Wrong converter. Still drove it until I was able to afford the repairs then, on my way to work, car was loosing power. Put gas pedal all the way down, tried to get atleast to work until the engine was smoking. I pulled over and the smoke was coming from the converter. Had it towed home. Replace with new converter, still same issue. Checked spark plugs, covered in black soot and oil dip stick smelled of gasoline. Changes oil, fuel pressure regulator, and spark plugs. Same issue. Ran car with TPS sensor unplugged. Ran even worse. I'm thinking of the MAP sensor next but, I'm worried its a way bigger issue.

Smelling gasoline on your dipstick is not a good thing, and neither is the buildup of soot on your spark plugs. It sounds like you may have internal engine damage like a cracked or severely worn piston rings. I suggest contacting a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who will be able to come to your home to diagnose your cars loss of power and determine the exact cause of your concern. Your insurance company may cover the damage caused by the theft.

3. 01 dodge neon has no power to go, sputtering and wants to die