Q: Overheating engine and coolant leak steam under hood

Hey i have a 2004 pontiacvgrand prixbwhick ive bought abiut a month ago...it ran fine until yesterday when it started to overheat n leak coolant...my buddybsays its the water pump when he took a look at it..can u help me plz??!!

This suggests you may have a cooling system problem. This can be caused by a faulty thermostat, a bad cooling fan relay, a failing water pump, a clogged radiator, or potentially even a blown head gasket. If you need help with pinpointing the issue, I would recommend having a certified expert, such as from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose your overheating issue firsthand.