Q: Car sat for years, trouble starting - 1971 Nissan 240Z

My car has been sitting for several years now and I would like to restore it and drive again. I first had the spark plugs replaced. Then I had all the electrical connections cleaned. Also, I added oil to cylinders. It has difficulty starting. I attempted to jump-start it with my other car and it has power. The lights come on, the engine gives some sounds but it can't fully start. What might be causing this?

A: Hello. It sounds like the fuel pump is bad ...

Hello. It sounds like the fuel pump is bad or the fuel filter is clogged. It is also possible that there is a lot of water in your fuel system. Dry gas or sea foam will need to be used to remove water from the fuel system. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your fuel system to pinpoint your problem and make the necessary repair.