Q: Can I just remove the Passlock 2 system

Ok so my husband tried getting our steering wheel unlocked and ended up having to hammer out the ignition lock cylinder and didn't realize that there is a passlock system so now we can't start our car

Hi Becca. Thanks for the question. The Passlock system is a safety and security device, so it’s not supposed to be removed based on manufacturer recommendations. While it’s possible to remove these systems manually, we can’t provide tips or suggest this process. It’s best to replace the ignition cylinder completely.