Q: I'm unable to start my car.

I stopped my car at stop sign. When I released the brake and attempt to move, the car suddenly shook hard and then stalled. Then I'm unable to start it any more. What could go wrong?

Hi there:

There could be multiple issues going on your Toyota RAV 4 that could have caused it to stall and to not start now. The first thing that comes to mind is that you have a crankshaft position sensor or other ignition system component that is faulty. On other hand, it’s possible that a fuel or emission system part is dirty or damaged. There are multiple mechanical and electrical parts that must all work together to start and keep an engine running, so it’s best to have a mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection.