Q: I was driving my car and a lot of smoke started coming out of the back and the car cut off I've tried to jump it that doesn't work

the fluids have been checked. There is no oil or coolant leaking. When I try to turn the car on it makes a clicking sound but it doesn't turn over.

Pull off the vacuum line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator on the metal fuel rail where the injectors attach to. See if you see fuel coming out the top of the regulator. You may have to have someone cycle the key on and off a couple times.

If fuel is coming out of this, the fuel will have been pumped straight into the intake of the engine. The fix is to replace the regulator, remove all the spark plugs, disable the ignition, (disconnect each coil) turn over engine to blow out all the fuel in the cylinders, then let it sit for about 30 minutes to evaporate excess fuel in the cylinders. After, turn over engine again to make sure all fuel is pushed out, reinstall the spark plugs and wires then reconnect coils.

Replace the oil and filter before trying to start the engine. The crankcase can be over full of fuel and oil. Then after making sure engine has no fuel on it anywhere you can start the engine. It may run rough for a while until excess fuel is pushed out the exhaust and engine. You may have to clear the codes and have to replace any misfiring spark plug if there is one and it will not clear up. Replace the oil and filter again in less than 500 miles as it will have residue gas in it.

If you need help with this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the clicking noise on start, and determine what repairs are needed.

3. I was driving my car and a lot of smoke started coming out of the back and the car cut off I've tried to jump it that doesn't work