Q: Airbag light keeps coming on

I need your assistance in knowing why the Airbag Light keeps coming on. I previously had the remote starter replaced, but the light still appears on a regular basis.

A: The way to have an Airbag Light resolved wo...

The way to have an Airbag Light resolved would be to have a certified technician use an OBD2 scanner to retrieve any codes that are stored within the airbag module. Once these codes are found, the way in which the problem will be diagnosed will be decided.

Some airbag issues are related to wiring problems under seats that are constantly moving. This is more of an issue with side impact airbags than any other type of airbag. It is also possible that the clock spring within the steering wheel has failed; this is what sends power to the steering wheel airbag. The code(s) that are stored will determine the most likely cause of the airbag issue.