Q: Recently, shifter has started to get stiff when trying to change gears. It's normally smooth, what are the possible problems?

I put a new clutch in about 1,000 miles ago. Slave cylinder looked old but seemed to work fine. I was driving pretty hard just days before I started noticed the shifting. Is it the gear cables themselves or something to do with the transmission?

2002 honda civic 1.7 manual

Hi there. Under most circumstances, a new clutch is typically adjusted after an initial break in period, so it’s quite possible that your stiff shifting issue is due to a minor clutch adjustment. It’s also common for professional mechanics to replace the slave cylinder the same time new clutch plates are installed. If you’re using some older components with new pressure plates and discs, this could also be the issue you’re experiencing. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to shift inspection, so they can determine what is causing this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. Recently, shifter has started to get stiff when trying to change gears. It's normally smooth, what are the possible problems?