Q: Whining noise at 35 MPH

asked by on February 10, 2016

I hear a whining noise when I get up to 35 MPH in my car.

Can't shift into high gear

This vehicle is equipped with an electrically controlled transmission. The most likely cause of not being able to shift to high gear is low battery voltage, or a faulty shift solenoid. As for the Check Engine Light on the transmission,...

Car is making a knocking noise. 2006 Toyota Corolla

Hi - your engine could be knocking from bad fuel, ignition problems or bad bearings. Check your engine oil level first - a low oil level could be the most damaging. If the Check Engine light is illuminated, have the...

squeaking noise from driver side wheel/door area

Hello. It sounds like you have an issue with the suspension of the vehicle. Most of the time when this occurs it is caused by worn out suspension bushings or ball joints. These areas move and flex when going over...

Can the oil pan gasket replacement be done at home? 2006 Lincoln Ls V8. Does it use just a liquid gasket or does it use an actual gasket?

Hi there. The oil pan gasket is either a gasket of cork or rubber (silicone molded) or a spread of RTV Silicone. The oil pan gasket can be removed at home, you will just have to jack up the vehicle...

transmission wont push back on clutch slave cylinder

Hello, The slave cylinder is meant to be bench bled just as a master cylinder is. If this is not done it can cause air to remain in the slave cylinder. This will allow the slave cylinder to fully compress...

The interior lights flash when you press the brakes

Hi there. It really depends on what the source of the electrical glitch is; which will determine the repairs needed. I'd wager that the issue is an electrical fault with the brake switch that is causing this. However, since you...

concern over serpentine belt

Hello, the belt should be clean and dry when inspecting it. What could be happening is some type of fluid is leaking on the belt creating the film and smell. The fluids could be anti-freeze, engine oil or power steering...

ABS light on

There is a technical service bulletin (TSB) GM has put out concerning a bad ground to the electronic brake controller module or EBCM. This causes a loss of communication and sets the ABS light. There are fault codes associated with...

Car will not stay started

I often hear about getting an oil change then something is wrong afterwards. I can say from experience that that the oil change itself won't cause your car not to start. I explain coincidental failures by relating them to a...