Q: What is a chevy hhr Lt 2006 2.2 or 2.4

asked by on October 14, 2017

I need to know if my car is a 2.2 or 2.4 or does it matter when I comes to the tranny

The transmission used in the 2.2 L version of your car is not interchangeable with a transmission from the 2.4 L version. To determine whether you have a 2.2 L engine or a 2.4 L engine, please look at the eighth digit of your VIN (vehicle identification number). The VIN is printed on your insurance and registration card and is also printed on placards and plates on the vehicle (driver door pillar for instance). If the eighth digit in the 17 digit sequence of your VIN is "D", then your car has a 2.2 L engine. If the eighth digit is "P", then you have the 2.4 L engine. Again, the transmissions used for the two different engines are NOT interchangeable. If you are having problems with the transmission, please feel free to request service and the responding certified mechanic will assist you right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.