Q: if one hydraulic valve lifter is damaged do i have to replace all 16

one of the 16 hydraulic valve lifters is damaged. do i have to replace all 16 valve lifters?

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your Jee...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your Jeep Commander. No you do not have to replace all of the hydraulic valve lifters but I recommend that you do. You have to open up the engine just to get the single one out so might as well replace all of them while you're at it. If you'd like a second opinion or run into any issues with this, contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who can come to your home to service the vehicle.