Q: Can I get an alignment with bad rear struts?

I need an alignment but I'm being told I have to replace rear struts before I can get alignment is this true

A: The rear struts that are weak and not suppo...

The rear struts that are weak and not supporting the vehicle as they should can cause the suspension to sag in the rear and also cause the alignment to not be within specification. The can cause tire wear from the rear tires loosing contact with the road. If an alignment is performed without the repairs or replacement of struts will cause the mechanic that is doing alignment to change adjustments to compensate for the bad struts. You should have your struts replaced first by a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic and then have the alignment done at a shop of your choice.