Q: Q: Car makes scraping sound and rattles

The mileage on my car is approximately 160,000. The dealership told me that flushing the transmission oil or changing the filter is not required, so I never did those. When driving around 40-50 mph, my car makes a scraping sound. I think it is coming from somewhere in the front, under the engine and closer to the passenger side.

In addition to that, when I'm driving at 30 mph and slowly press on the gas pedal, the car begins to rattle like the engine is misfiring. The computer codes showed that several cylinders had misfired. The car had 80,000 miles when I last changed the spark plugs and gaskets. I felt it was time to change it again at the current mileage. But the problem wasn't solved - both the scraping sound and the rattling persisted. The mechanic is currently telling me that the problem is the transmission. Do you agree with him or what do you suggest is the cause of this?

Replacing the transmission fluid and filter is part of the manufacturer’s recommended service that should be done at intervals for regular maintenance. The transmission can have issues such as this when it is failing, low fluid level, torque converter malfunctions, or a mechanical issue with the engine.

If you need assistance with these checks, enlist a qualified technician who can service your transmission and diagnose any faults from the symptoms you’ve described. Once the issue has been found, the necessary repairs can then be performed.

3. Q: Car makes scraping sound and rattles