Q: grinding noise while driving straight?

When driving forward I hear a grinding noise from the front right wheel area and it gets worse at higher speeds.

A possibility is a faulty wheel bearing. Less common possibilities are interference with the brake rotor and transmission failures. A faulty wheel bearing can be diagnosed, on the road, by driving the car in such a way that you "sequentially load and unload" the vehicle weight off of the suspect bearing. If a distinct reduction in the noise level is detected when the vehicle weight is off of the bearing, that is a sign the bearing is bad. Another diagnostic strategy is to use wireless chassis ears (remote microphones) placed on the steering knuckles. To have the origin of the noise pinpointed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a wheel bearing noise diagnostic/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. grinding noise while driving straight?