Q: My abs light and tcs light brake light came on the same time

asked by on October 09, 2016

Abs light and TCS light came on also the brake light came on with those at the same time
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Your car is equipped with what are called wheel speed sensors which monitor the speed of the wheels at all four corners. When they detect that wheel speed is out of the ordinary in a given set of conditions, this information is relayed to the car’s computer which then engages the ABS system or the traction control system. Occasionally, these sensors will go bad causing them to send inaccurate information to the ECU causing the lights to come on intermittently or when not needed. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and possibly replace your wheel speed sensors.