Q: Running really rough, not starting usually. Battery light came on. Car overheated. Headlights turn off when I put the high beams on.

My car hasn't been starting, I thought it was because of the cold. And then I added gas Heet, antifreeze for the gas, 3 bottles, and car started running really rough. Then this morning not start. Finally got it to start this afternoon but was running really rough. Tonight it didn't want to start again but finally got it going. Then the battery light came on while driving and the car temp went all the way up as high as it could go but the heat was blowing out ice cold. I drove home like that. Also the lights turned completely off when I tried turning on the high beams. As long as I didn't turn on the high beams the lights stayed on. What do you thing is wrong??

Hi there. With the information given, it sounds like you accidentally put 3 bottles of Gas Heet (water / antifreeze remover) into the gas tank. There is to be only 1 bottle of Gas Heet to a full fuel tank of fuel. The Gas Heet is heavier than fuel so it will mix with the water and go to the bottom of the fuel tank and block the fuel from entering the engine. When Gas Heet is in the fuel system, as the engine is started, the additives, methanol, water, and gasoline are consumed and burned. All of these combined will make the engine run very hot and unstable. Too much Gas Heet will make the engine run hotter than normal conditions and cause the engine to overheat. I suggest flushing out the fuel system and fuel tank. If you need further assistance with your engine overheating after putting in Gas Heet, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Running really rough, not starting usually. Battery light came on. Car overheated. Headlights turn off when I put the high beams on.