Q: Ignition key does not open/lock driver door lock

My Ignition key does not open/lock the driver door lock. So my driver door remains unlocked and unsafe. What do I need to do to correct this problem? Thanks!

It depends on the problem. If you have had the ignition lock replaced and are using the key that came with it then it will not have cuts on the key for the door. Make sure you are using the correct key that fits the door lock. If you are using the correct key and it works on the passenger door then the drivers door lock is either bad or your door lock actuator inside the door is seized. If it is then you would feel the key move the lock a little each way but not lock or unlock the door. Have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your door lock issue.

3. Ignition key does not open/lock driver door lock