Q: Open door warning on the dash

asked by on August 12, 2016

I have an issue with the dashboard showing the open door warning in my car. It happens when the weather is sunny and warm. I cannot get the warning to disappear until the the car is parked out of the sun. After some time, I would open and close the door and this would turn the dashboard warning off. What could be causing this?

Door will not shut Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2009 Ford Flex. The small door ajar switch in one of the doors is sticking and will move after it warms up. The switch should be replaced in the door it is sticking in. The switch is mounted in the door latch. Sometimes the door latch can be cleaned and re-lubed and it will loosen the switch up. If you still need help having this resolved, you could enlist the help of a technician from YourMechanic to inspect and repair your door issue.