Q: My 3rd brake light still works but not lower lights, cruise will not set.

I checked the interior fuse box lamp fuse, it was fine. Could not locate the one specified in engine compartment at all. The cruise will not set, it does come on though, and the lower brake lights are no longer lighting although running lights work just fine. No bulbs are out. Could this be the brake switch again? It was replaced in a recall a few years ago I believe.

The brake lights in the back are all powered by the same wire as the third brake light is. You have to check the brake light bulb in the back on each side and make sure they are good. You may want to have a qualified technician inspect the brake light issue in person to pinpoint the correct repair that should be made.

3. My 3rd brake light still works but not lower lights, cruise will not set.