Q: My Audi A6 HomeLink is not working, it says "System is not currently available", can you point what maybe wrong? Fuse are OK.

Hi, I was trying to program the HomeLink (Garage opener) in my 2014 Audi A6 - but the system display error as "The system is not available". I even tried holding the first and third button for 20+ seconds as mentioned in some forums but still the LED light does not glow. I have checked fuses - they look OK. Is there anything else that I can check? If there is some failure, what is the estimate cost of repair am looking for? Please provide all your advise and feedback. Thanks!!

Starting on page 124 of the Owner’s Manual for the 2014 A6 Quattro, there are three pages of instructions covering all HomeLink programming scenarios. A possibility is your opener uses rolling code technology which requires a special sub set of those instructions (way too lengthy to recount all of it here). Your best bet is to go through the 3 pages, line by line. If that does not work, telephone HomeLink technical support at 1-800-355 3515. It is extremely unlikely there is an electrical or other fault. The issue is almost undoubtedly programming. If none of those options pan out, by all means request a service appointment and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you right at your location. If you have any further questions at all, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.