Q: Doesn't start in the morning when the engine is cold. What's the problem? 2000 Dodge Van Ram 2500

My 2000 dodge ram van 2500 5.2L V8 doesn't start in the morning when the engine is cold. It starts only when the engine gets warm after it is being exposed under the sun. What's the problem?

A: Hi there. This can be caused by a number of...

Hi there. This can be caused by a number of things. Most of the time, it is necessary to check for fuel and spark when this occurs. This will let me know where to start with the diagnostics. Most of the time this is caused by an issue with the main relay or a fuel pump circuit issue. When this occurs due to temperature, it is almost always electrical. A full electrical diagnostic will need to be done. If you are planning on having this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to pinpoint the cause of the cold start problem and advise you on repairs.