Q: Car died while driving. I can start it but it will die after 2-3 seconds. 2004 Honda Civic.

I pulled off the freeway and my 2004 Honda Civic DX died while I was driving. I pulled over and tried starting it again. It starts as often as I try to start it, but will only last for 2-3 seconds and then stall once more. I tried 9-10 times. I can even raise the rpms during those two seconds but it stalls. I had it towed to my place and the next day I had the same results. Thinking back now, I seem to remember maybe my car hesitating to start before I left the house (20 minutes before it died) but it was almost unnoticeable and I shrugged it off. Just wondering what a possible list of solutions might be, and curious also if running a diagnostic would give any results although I have no CEL? I only have a required maintenance light which appears to illuminate every some determined amount of miles.

If the car is starting but immediately stalling typical causes for such immediate stalling are a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty engine coolant temperature switch/sensor (typically at cold start only), faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the issue and get this resolved for you promptly, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car died while driving. I can start it but it will die after 2-3 seconds. 2004 Honda Civic.