Q: Car won’t start

asked by on February 04, 2018

I was replacing the coil overs on the car and when I removed the connectors I saw a spark come from one of the wires, I removed the battery after the spark happens. After replacing the coil and connecting everything back the car will not turn over. All it does is crank. I have replaced the starter, replaced the battery and removed the throttle body and cleaned it and put it back together and still nothing.

Be sure the immobilizer (security system) is not active, thus preventing the car from starting. To temporarily override the immobilizer, see these instructions. If the spark occurred due to a short circuit, a fuse or fusible link in the ignition circuit may have opened. To have that possibility investigated, you can request a no start diagnostic. After first considering the possibility of a fault or damage to the circuit you were working on, the mechanic will perform sufficient diagnostics to pinpoint the root cause and get your car started. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.