Brakes locked up while car is off and parked. lexus gs350...

Q: Brakes locked up while car is off and parked.

asked by on February 14, 2017

I'm parked at a store right now with my car off. When I turned my car off I pushed down on the brake a few times and now it won't come back up out of the pressed position. I have not started the car yet, I have no clue what to do.

Hello. As long as your vehicle is in park you should be able to start your car safely without having to worry about using the braking system just yet. I recommend that you start the car up and see if the brakes operate normally thereafter. It sounds to me like there may be an issue with your brake booster or you could have a leak in your brake system. A leak in your brake system will cause your Hydraulics to lose pressure so the pedal will go all the way to the floor and will not come back up until the leak is fixed and pressure is added back to the brake system by bleeding the brakes. Depends on your location we may be able to have a technician come to you and help you out today. Try contacting customer service to expedite your needs. 1-844-249-6752