Q: 1st into 2nd gear rattles.

I just recently bought a 2013 Buick Regal GS 44,xxx miles and I absolutely love the car. I'm very excited that it is a manual. However 1st into 2nd gear rattles everytime. But only 1st into 2nd. Ive had 3 other people drive the car to see if its just me doing something wrong but no its the car. The clutch engages perfect but in the process of putting it in gear the shifter rattles and it feels weird and noisy. I dont think its the clutch at all. But that basically leaves me stranded and I have no idea what this issue could be...Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you can help even the slightest bit

Loud noises when car is put in gear Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like you may have a gear/synchronizer problem. It’s most likely concerning the second gear assembly. The synchronizer allows the second gear to match the wheel speed before engaging to allow for a smooth shift. If you’re noticing a rattle then the gear and sleeve tooth pattern may not be matching up and sounding like a rattle. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and aid you in determining the next steps. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car is making a noise when shifting inspection.