Q: Idk

My lights came on in dashboard and car died. The power steering failed and car would not hold a charge. I was told the alternator was the problem. The car was returned after alternator replaced and now the check charging system light flashes on frequently..but car still runs.

Hello, thank you for writing in. When a vehicle has alternator issues, the entire car is forced to run off of the battery. As you can imagine, this stresses out the battery and can cause it to prematurely fail. Start by having the battery tested. You can do this with a technician, or at most automotive parts stores. If the battery tests to be fine, you will want to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes. These will inform you what about the charging system is triggering a warning light. You can take further corrective action from there. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.