Q: Warped rotors 2012 Ford Expedition

The rotors are warpped and I need to change them. What is the best rotor and brake pads to put on this vehicle?

Hi there - to respond to your specific question, the answer is to use a higher temperature brake pad material (like a ceramic or carbon brake pad) - rather than a different rotor for your rather heavy vehicle. The brakes get a real workout stopping your truck. The rotors don’t actually warp, but they do accumulate "high spots" of brake pad material when you stop from higher speed and hold the brake pedal (i.e. at a stop light). Small amounts of the brake pad material melt and attached to the brake rotor, creating a high spot that causes brake pedal vibration (what is often called "warped rotors") when the brakes are applied. I would recommend a brake rotor and brake pad replacement with uprated brake pads by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and refit new brakes to your Expedition.