Q: Brake malfunction dynamic drive on 2005 BMW 745Li

My BMW went ballistic on me today! I was calmly driving down the road when immediately the air conditioner was turning on and off, and I got messages on my dashboard that said, “Brake Malfunction Dynamic Drive.” Do you have any idea what happened? Do you know how to fix this?

Hello. It sounds like your 2005 BMW 745Li may have a problem with your electric/charging system or that the battery is faulty. If the electric/charging system is charging too low, it will cause the electronics to go “haywire” because the necessary voltage isn’t available to power all the systems in the car.

The alternator is vital to your car as it takes over for the battery once the car is started and powers everything in your car that uses electricity after that. If the alternator is faulty it may cause the car to do some crazy things. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your electric/charging system in order to properly diagnose your problem and complete the necessary repair.