My cars dim lights won't work but works only when i switc...

Q: My cars dim lights won't work but works only when i switch to bright then it lights up, so what could be the issue?

asked by on May 30, 2017

When i switch on the dim lights in my car, nothing happens excluding the tail lights, but when i switch the headlights to bright, they both work

Hi there. This issue is typically caused by a headlight dimmer switch problem or an electrical relay issue behind the dash. It could also be an electrical short within the switch itself. It’s probably best to have the headlight switch replaced, or have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a headlights not working inspection; to correctly diagnose the issue.