Q: When I start my Subaru I get a squeaking noise and the steering doesn't turn as easy as it should. The squealing usually stops in

When I start my Subaru I get a squeaking noise and the steering doesn't turn as easy as it should. The squealing usually stops fairly quickly and once I am driving the steering is fine. Any ideas what the issue could be?

The power steering pump is belt-driven off the crankshaft. Check the belt condition. If the belt is loose or on poor condition (dry/cracked/stretched), replacing it may correct the issue. Also, if the belt is loose, the belt tensioner can be weak or broken and not keeping the belt as tight as it should be. A loose belt will not spin the power steering pump at the proper speed and reduce power assist. If the belt and tensioner seem to be in good condition, you should have a certified technician look into the cause of the noise when turning the steering wheel to find the exact cause. If the belt and tensioner are good, the power steering pump itself of the rack & pinion steering unit can be faulty.

3. When I start my Subaru I get a squeaking noise and the steering doesn't turn as easy as it should. The squealing usually stops in