Q: ETC - 2008 Dodge Charger

My check engine light was on so I went to get the codes read and it indicated I needed to change my spark plugs. Since changing my spark plugs my check engine light comes on and also my ETC Light comes on and my car starts to hesitate and even cuts off sometimes when I'm at a stop. Any idea what it could be?

Hello. The ETC code can come on for many reasons, but essentially the engine idle speed control is often times the problem. The fact that it indicated the spark plugs needed to be changed suggests there was a misfire of some kind which could have been a result of the PCM (engine control module) not regulating engine speed correctly. When this happens, it will resort to killing the engine, or in some cases one or more cylinders, to maintain its control. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to scan the car’s PCM for additional codes that may indicate further issues to investigate.

3. ETC - 2008 Dodge Charger