Q: why is my car shaking & raddle & why is my check engine light still on after i added oil

yesterday while at the store my check engine light came on , my car was working fine like it usually does but as i was leaving it started to shake & raddle.. it cut off twice but it started back up . i thought maybe i needed some oil so i went to get some oil this morning but my check engine light is still on & when i put it in reverse it still shakes & raddle

Hello, and thank you for writing in. Typically shaking is a sign of misfiring. Misfiring occurs when the air, fuel, or spark are being sent to the engine improperly. Since the check engine light is on, there is a strong chance that you will have a diagnostic code saved to the computer. This will give you more information about the issues in which the computer is finding, and help point you in the right direction. Otherwise there is a lot of testing that needs to be done. If there are multiple codes available, find out what they have in common, and start there first. Pulling those diagnostic codes can be done by a technician or at most local automotive parts stores. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• why is my car shaking & raddle & why is my check engine light still on after i added oil