Q: How do you use the “Max A/C” setting?

How do you use the “Max A/C” setting?

Your car is equipped with both standard Air Conditioning and a “Max A/C” setting. While the regular air conditioner will keep you comfortable at highway speeds, you may need to use the “Max A/C” setting if it’s extremely hot outside and you need additional cooling performance. Here’s what you need to do to use the system correctly:

1. Press the Max A/C button.

2. Turn the temperature setting to the coolest.

3. Turn the fan to the highest setting (just for now).

4. As the interior cools, turn the fan speed down. The air will actually be cooler, and the interior temperature is more easily maintained this way.

Tip

Running your air conditioner on full blast for long periods isn’t recommended. The air actually doesn’t get as cool as it would if the fan speed were adjusted down a notch or two.

3. How do you use the “Max A/C” setting?