Q: My car bogs down abit after a cold start and then accelerates fine after that

asked by on June 03, 2017

I'll let my car sit for about a couple of hours and when I get it to drive it, it turns on fine but after I let it warm up and I pull off, it beginnings to bog down abit for a couple of seconds like if it isn't getting enough fuel, but after that the car runs fine only in the beginning of a cold start

There are a number of things that may cause the car to hesitate when accelerating when cold such as low fuel pressure, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, or potentially a bad oxygen sensor that is not heating properly. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.