Q: I have a 05 Chevy impala that the ignition switch won't turn. Is there a way to free it so my spare will start the car

Spare key won't unlock my ignition switch

Hey there. The 2000-2005 Chevy Impala models are included in the GM Ignition Switch Recall. You should contact your local Chevy dealer with your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and/or go to the safercar.gov website to check your VIN number for open recalls. Your vehicle should be part of the recall and the ignition switch should be replaced free of charge.

3. I have a 05 Chevy impala that the ignition switch won't turn. Is there a way to free it so my spare will start the car