Q: How do I send and receive text messages with Uconnect?

asked by on December 11, 2015

How do I send and receive text messages with Uconnect?

If your cell phone is paired with your Uconnect system, then you can send and receive text messages while you’re driving, hands free. Here’s how.

1. When you receive a message, the Uconnect system will announce it over your speaker system. To have the message read to you, press the Uconnect phone button, which looks like a telephone, and is located on either the center console or the steering wheel. The system will then say “Ready” and beep, at which point you can command it to read you the received message by saying, “Read messages” or “SMS read.”

2. To reply to a text message, follow the prompt at the end of the message by saying either “Reply” or “Forward.”

3. To compose a new text message, press the Uconnect phone button. When prompted, say “Send message” or “SMS send.” Then you can either compose a unique message, or say “List messages.” If you say “List messages,” Uconnect will give you a list of 20 preset text messages that you can send. To choose one, press the Uconnect voice command button and say “Send.”