Q: Q: My ecm needs replaced an I drought a used but said it needs to be programmed first an they say go to a dealer but I don't have dea

My car keeps shutting off so I had it tested an they say it's my ecm my question is can I have a mechanic do or I have to go to the dealer but I don't have dealer money please help

Hi there. Unfortunately, replacing an ECM is not a job that a mechanic can do unless they have access to vehicle specific software updates to program the ECU; which is very rare. The best option is to contact a dealership for this service.

3. Q: My ecm needs replaced an I drought a used but said it needs to be programmed first an they say go to a dealer but I don't have dea