Q: Cummins exhaust brake staying on

asked by on March 07, 2017

I recently rebuilt my 6.7 Cummins, fully deleted the emissions with a 5" turbo back straight exhaust system. It ran great after I put it all back together but just recently when under load it seems to kick the exhaust brake on and wont shut off unless you put it in neutral and idle for about 10 seconds. It also sounds as if the pressure regulator sensor was unplugged because it chatters and blows black like its way over fueled. Its got me stumped I replaced the sensor, retorqued all fuel lines/cross over tubes and reseated injectors.

Check the DPF filter and see if it’s plugged up. A plugged DPF filter will cause the engine exhaust brake to stay on, and the engine light will come on if the filter fully plugged up. If you need further assistance with your exhaust engine brake staying on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.