Q: Catalytic converter replacement.

The Check Engine light is on on my Mercedez-Benz. The car has less than 49,000 miles, but the dealership says I need to replace both the front right and left catalytic converters.

This would depend on the code that is retrieved from the check engine light. It never hurts to get a second opinion. I would recommend having another technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to scan your vehicle for trouble codes. The diagnosis will be based on the codes that are present in the system. It is = possible that the oxygen sensors or the catalytic converter may need to be replaced.

3. Catalytic converter replacement.