Q: Engine swap from 327 to 1999 Vortec 350?

Have a 2003 Chevy z71 with a 327.. the engine is blown and needs replacing. I have a friend that has a totaled 1999 Chevy z71 with 5.7 350. I'm wondering if the vortec 350 will work in my truck and plug right into my wiring harness. I can get his transmission and anything else necessary to make this swap work.. I need to know where exactly I stand and the entire procedure if this is even possible.. my email is if that's easier to communicate then that would be fine..I will appreciate any and all help!! Thanks -Josh

A: The engine swap should not be a problem. Th...

The engine swap should not be a problem. The problem you are going to have is the two wire harnesses and computers being different as this could make it more difficult to program each computer. You may not be able to just swap these two engines since the two are four years apart. It is not the base engine that is the difference - it is the accessories and sensors that may make it a problem. I looked at the two different wiring diagrams and they don't appear to be the same. Your best bet may be to consult a professional to inspect the vehicle and the two engines in person to see if this engine swap is possible. This can help ensure that the engine you choose to swap for is a great match.