Q: I have changed the clutch master cylinder seals on my car but the clutch pedal still does not return.

while driving my clutch pedal did not want to return when trapping on the pedal resulting in me not able to put my car in gear, i then checked the master cylinder and the slave and replaced the rubbers but i still could not bleed the system as the pedal still was unable to build up any pressure, the fluid was a bit low in the fluid container?

Hi there. Check the fluid in the reservoir. Top off all fluids that are low. If the fluid was low, then look for any visible leaks. If the fluid is full and there are no leaks, then check to see if the return spring is on the slave cylinder. The return spring on the slave cylinder is what pushes the fluid back to the clutch master cylinder. If you need further assistance with your clutch pedal not returning to the rest position, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I have changed the clutch master cylinder seals on my car but the clutch pedal still does not return.