Q: car won't start brake system light is on

Car was driving fine until this morning. Went to crank vehicle - car will not turn on. Light, radio, horn, radio comes on. Brakes will not go down. About 2 weeks ago, started hearing noise from front end of vehicle when car is first turned on and driven. Can you advise me on what may be the problem?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. This problem could rise from a variety of parts in the car, from the ABS system to the anti-theft system. I would recommend having one of our certified automotive technicians from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose the issue and perform any repairs as needed for you. The technician will diagnose the issue with a scanning tool that will provide vital information, including the fault codes that the computer may have registered as a result of this.