Q: Malfunction with brake light sensor.

My car keeps notifying me that my right rear brake light is not working. However, I took it to the gas station and the mechanic there said all of my lights were working. It seems there is a malfunction in the connection between the car and the light bulb.

A: These systems can be tricky. Also on Europe...

These systems can be tricky. Also on European vehicles they sometimes have more lights than Americans are used to. It is possible that there is a bad connection that is causing this light to come on. However it is also possible that the employee at the gas station just didn’t identify that a bulb was burned out. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to take a look at your lights and identify what the issue is.