Q: Malfunction with brake light sensor.

My car keeps notifying me that my right rear brake light is not working. However, I took it to the gas station and the mechanic there said all of my lights were working. It seems there is a malfunction in the connection between the car and the light bulb.

Lights (Headlamps/beams/brakes) Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

These systems can be tricky. Also on European vehicles they sometimes have more lights than Americans are used to. It is possible that there is a bad connection that is causing this light to come on. However it is also possible that the employee at the gas station just didn’t identify that a bulb was burned out. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to take a look at your lights and identify what the issue is.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr