Q: A lot of smoke coming from the car. What's the issue?

A lot of smoke is coming from the car. What could be the problem?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. If you have smok...

Hi, thanks for writing in. If you have smoke being emitted from your vehicle, it is likely due to a fluid that is leaking and landing onto a hot surface such as the exhaust. Typically when smoke comes from under the hood of your vehicle, that is due to leaking valve cover gaskets as that is the closest possible leaking component to the exhaust manifolds. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected for a leaking valve cover gaskets by a qualified professional. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this smoke issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.