Q: My 2001 Lincoln Continental starts but doesn't drive. I checked transmission fluid and practically was empty.

asked by on August 26, 2017

My car starts but doesn't drive or go in reverse . I was told by person who sold me vehicle it needed catalytic converter, could that be the problem? Also if I put transmission oil will it drive? I had checked oil level and was practically empty

Hello. From what you are explaining it sounds like the transmission is failing. If the fluid was that low then that can cause damage to the transmission. I would have the car checked out by a transmission specialist.