Q: rough idle and misfiring at stops

Its been throwing codes: P0600, P0303, and P0010. I know what the codes are and replaced the following: Maf senser, camshaft adjuster, spark plugs, most of the vacuum lines,fuel pump and filter ,and cleaned the throttle body but nothing has changed.

A: Lets start with what the codes mean. P0060 ...

Lets start with what the codes mean. P0060 - indicates that there is a network failure to the ECU. One or more control modules are not communicating. This is usually caused by a bad ECU, poor electrical connections from corrosion etc, or sometimes a weak battery.

P0303 - Indicates a misfire in cylinder number 3. This can be caused by faulty ignition components, sticking fuel injector, or even a blown head gasket.

P0010 - Indicates that the intake camshaft position sensor control circuit is faulty. This can be caused by a bad ECU, low engine oil level, incorrect viscosity rating of the engine oil, faulty intake camshaft position actuator solenoid, intake camshaft position actuator solenoid harness opens or shorts and intake camshaft position actuator solenoid circuit, poor electrical connections.

Testing will need to be performed to determine if the number 3 cylinder misfire is due to fuel or spark. Electrical testing can determine what module is at fault and/or what connectors are not making good contact.

Finally, a combination of electrical test and oil pressure testing can help determine the exact cause of the cam position solenoid code. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, perform the required test to diagnose your Check Engine Light, so you don't buy parts you don't need.