Q: My engine is knocking.

My engine has a knock or fast tick while the car is running. I'm just curious as to how much it would cost to fix my problem?

A: The noise you are hearing is a pretty commo...

The noise you are hearing is a pretty common issue in these engines. The noise is caused by one or more of the cylinder head camstand cam followers along with the valve springs. This engine has high cam failures and could also have a head failure if the cam breaks and damages the head. My recommendation is to have the noise listened to and checked by a qualified technician that would be doing the repairs if needed.