Q: Rattling Noise coming from the Fan behind the radiator

The car runs fine, but the fan right behind the radiator is making a very loud rattling sound when the mecanism to cool the engine starts. I looked online and they said it is likely that the issue can be fixed with cooling fan clutch bearing replacement. I inspected the fan and it is very easy to turn by pushing it. Thanks for the help!

A: The cooling fan clutch failure is a common ...

The cooling fan clutch failure is a common problem with the B5 chassis A4 and VW Passat. When replacing the fan clutch, inspect the fan blade for any cracks as well. If any area of the blade looks suspect, replace it at the same time. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can help you with the replacement of your cooling fan clutch if you need some help. Good luck.