Q: I have to fill gas tank everyday due to car using alot of fuel

my car has been using an extreme amount of fuel the past few weeks. I am having to fill the tank everyday it seems like. it's a small car that is supposed to get great gas mileage but clearly isnt. I tried changing the air filter and that didn't work. I had a Chevy dealership close to me fix the purge solenoid valve because apparently the fuel trim level was at 22%. they said they fixed it and brought it down to 7%, but the car is still using an extreme amount of fuel for as small of a car as it is. what could be wrong?

Hi there. There are dozens of problems that can lead to a drop in gas mileage, some of them are serious and some can be easily corrected. Here are some of the more common issues that can affect the fuel efficiency of most cars.On newer cars like your Sonic however, unless you’re driving more than 300 miles per day, you shouldn’t have to fill the fuel tank daily. Since the dealership has attempted to resolve this issue, you might want to have an independent professional mobile mechanic complete a car is getting worse gas mileage inspection to see if they can find the source of this issue.

3. I have to fill gas tank everyday due to car using alot of fuel