Q: Oil light comes on when at a stop.

Oil light comes on at a stop but then turns off by itself and sometimes it stays on until i push the gas. Sometimes it comes on sometimes it doesnt car doesn not overheat or turn off. When at stop oil light turns on and motor rpm goes down but comes back up and oil light slowly flickers then turns offf and then i push gas. I also may have put a little too much oil i am going to take some out untill correct level. Any advice would be appreciated thank you. I also got a new oil pump new piston bearing new piston rings and headers were cleaned with new gaskets

A: Overfilled oil can cause the oil to get aer...

Overfilled oil can cause the oil to get aerated to the point that it causes erratic oil pressure to the engine. You should decrease the amount of oil as soon as possible to prevent engine bearing damage from oil starvation. Once the oil is brought down, see if the oil light keeps coming on. If it does then have the pressure tested to check if the pressure or sender is at fault. I'd suggest getting the vehicle checked out by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to perform these checks and properly diagnose your oil warning light.